So, when creating a small design for a patient, the initial consultation is really the most important appointment. The reason is that that’s when we have a conversation with the patient. I try to get to know them. I try to get some through their goals. I try to get to know what’s important to them as far as their appearance goes and what they like to do Has comes into play as well because that really helps me design the person smile, based on their personality and how bright they want the veneers to go and how they want them to look. I also asked them about color and shape and I look at their lips because that really frames the smile, and see how much room I have to fill that area in. at that appointment We go over financial considerations. We also take scans of the patient’s teeth and photos and then we use the scans and photos to create a smile design. A smile design is Wax template for the patient that we will use as a baseline to create their final veneers.
A full smile design of veneers at forward dental arts can be executed in three visits spanning over 5 weeks. The first visit is the initial consultation That visit is really the most important. That’s where we learn the patient goals, and I find a way to execute those goals. We also review financial considerations and also take records. Those records consist of scans of the patient’s teeth and photos of the patient smile. I will use those records to create a smile design for that patient and these are all custom for reaching the patient goals. the second visit, the patient returns and will smooth the patients’ teeth and they’ll leave with temporaries that will look similar to my proposed design. Three weeks later, at the third visit, the patient will come back. We’ll take off the temporaries and bond on the permanent porcelain veneers. I’ll check their bite to make sure it’s healthy, and then they’ll be all done.
Cases treated by Dr. Hoyt at Fort Worth Dental Arts
Veneers and Crowns
- Replacement of veneers done by another doctor
- The patient's goal was to have a healthy mouth, a bright smile, and a comfortable bite.
- To execute this, I created a smile design with a brighter, more approachable, warm appearance. I added length and brightness with a masculine smile. I utilized ten ceramic veneers and three zirconia crowns.
Minimal preparation veneers
- This smile design aimed to add fullness, brightness, and length to her smile. I achieved this with eight minimal preparation veneers.
Minimal preparation veneers
- I created ten minimal preparation veneers to add fulness, brightness and length to her smile.
Implants, crowns, and veneers
- This case is very special to me. I have known this man since I was 24 years old and in my Advanced Dentistry Residency. He sent me a message on Instagram in 2020 and told me that he was ready to redo his smile, we planned out how many visits it would take and he traveled from the Central Valley of California to see me.
- He made three trips, one for records, another to place the dental implants, and another to create the restorations after the implants healed.
- I first created a digital smile design, which would give me a direction of how I wanted his smile to look. I then reviewed the smile design with him to get his input and approval of the concept. I then used implants, crowns, and veneers to execute the result.
- The after photo was taken a day after the final delivery, so his gums are still healing. He was on the way to the airport to go back to California.
- This patient's main concern was getting her smile back after some of her front teeth broke. She wanted healthy teeth and a bright smile.
- To achieve a good result you always start with the end in mind. I first created a smile design so I could see how her smile would look with a full natural style smile. I actually did the smile design for her twice, the reason is that I did not like the first design and I wanted to add more fullness.
- To achieve this result and restore her smile I placed two dental implants and ten ceramic restorations to replace crowns previously done by another dentist.
- This patient is an artist. He likes to paint, has great style and does hair coloring and styling for a living.
- His goal was to replace the missing tooth and to add more fullness and brightness to his smile.
- Designing a smile before starting work is very important. There are situations where both arches must be restored to achieve a healthy bite and create enough length for the desired size, fulness, and symmetry.
- To achieve this result one implant was placed and 28 restorations were done.
10 minimal preparation veneers
- This patient’s goal was to add fulness and brightness to his smile.
- To achieve his main concern I utilized ten minimal preparation veneers.
Ten minimal preparation veneers
What to expect at each appointment
- x rays
- design proposal
- review fees
- photos of teeth for smile design creation
- scans of teeth for smile design creation
- answer questions
Delivery of final porcelain restorations
- answer any questions
- smooth teeth
- try in temporary restorations
- try in permanent restorations
- assess smile
- bond permanent restorations to teeth